- The starting base in Argens-Minervois has an outside car park (EUR 35.– per week). Due to the limited number of parking spaces, we ask that you please make an advance reservation if you are bringing more than one vehicle.
- You can hire bicycles. (EUR 40.– per week)
- Daily breakdown service for emergencies
The south of France is world famous for its excellent food. Here you can find regional specialities of the highest quality. You can find recommendations for restaurants along the canal in our app and in the captain’s handbook on board.
- Please note the travel conditions and information in the current Hapimag Booking Information.
- If your trip takes place across different seasonal periods, the local charges and points will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
- The boats are covered by fully comprehensive insurance. The excess is EUR 1200.–. You have the option of obtaining voluntary additional insurance to cover your excess. You can arrange this in Switzerland or on location.
- Electricity on board: 12 volts, 100 watts. 220 volt sockets are also available in the interior of the boat. You can operate any standard electrical equipment that you bring with you (hairdryer, mobile phone charger, etc.) from a corresponding on-shore power supply (available in most harbours).
- Your houseboat will be provided with a full tank. The fuel used is calculated by the base at the end of your stay according to the number of operating hours. The current fuel flat rate charge can obtained by calling Service Line on 00800 3030 8080.
- The other additional services, e.g. car park or bicycle hire, must also be paid for directly at the base in Euro, either in cash or by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- There is no safe on board. Do not leave cash or valuables unattended on your houseboat.
- The boats come equipped as standard with life jackets and a lifesaver ring. Life jackets for children are available from our on-site staff on request.
- Pets (which must be at least three months old) must have been vaccinated against rabies at least four weeks in advance, but no more than one year beforehand to enter France.
Logbook, river map and Captain's manual
To ensure you are optimally prepared, we are sending you this river guide in advance. The captain’s handbook is also provided on board: here, you will find the papers and other important information on operating the boat, useful addresses etc. For general practical information, please check the logbook.
- The member must return the boat to the base at 9.00 on the day of departure
- Collection of boat: Friday or Saturday between 14.00 and 17.00
- Please note that the locks in the Midi are closed on 1 May
- Recommendation: occupancy from three persons
- A boating licence is not required. You will be given an induction locally
- The local charges are invoiced from Steinhausen together with the booking
- Please inform the base if you intend to arrive later
- Parking and bicycle hire are services provided by the operator. Advance reservation by email recommended: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for people with restricted mobility
- Not suitable for people with restricted mobility