- The starting base in Lagarde has an outside car park where you can leave your vehicle during your houseboat holiday. You can also book an indoor parking space for the duration of your stay.
- Our houseboats are equipped with a sun deck.
- Find a cosy restaurant in the port of Lagarde where you can dine upon arrival and departure or take advantage of the catering services.
- You can reserve electric bicycles at "Navig' France" in advance.
- With the online ordering service from our cooperation partner "Navig' France", your food supplies can be conveniently delivered to you on board. If ordered at least one week before the start of your holiday, your groceries will be delivered on time directly to your Hapimag Houseboat in Lagarde. Larger supermarkets can be found locally in Lunéville, Château Salin and Sarrebourg, each around 30 kilometres from Lagarde. In Lagarde there is a small shop at the port with basic food items and some specialities.
- Parking facilities: Free-of-charge external parking spaces or a closed garage (EUR 55.-/week) are available for your car at the port. We recommend booking in advance by sending an email to alsace@hapimag. com due to limited availability.
- Bicycles (EUR 50.-/week) and modems (EUR 39.–/week) can be hired locally from "Navig‘ France". We recommend booking in advance by sending an email to alsace@hapimag. com due to limited availability.
Alsace is world famous not only for its wines, but also for its cuisine. In Saverne and Nancy, you can find regional specialities of the highest quality and renowned restaurants. Our employees at the base are happy to give you tips for finding a suitable restaurant near the canal or on where you can find small bakeries and grocery shops.
- Please observe the travel conditions and instructions in the Hapimag Booking Information.
- The local charges are invoiced from Baar together with the booking
- If your trip straddles multiple seasons, the price and points will be calculated pro rata.
- Your houseboat will be provided with a full tank. The fuel used is calculated by the base at the end of your stay according to the number of operating hours. The current fuel supplement can be obtained by phoning tel. no. 00800 3030 8080 (alternatively +41 (41) 7 67 80 10).
- The price includes the river guide, which you will receive by post roughly five weeks before you arrive.
- A boating licence is not required. Instruction is given on location.
- Additional services, e.g. car park or bicycle hire, must also be paid for directly at the base in euro, either in cash or by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- The boats come equipped as standard with life jackets and a lifesaver ring. Life jackets for children are available from our on-site staff on request.
- There are electrical sockets on board. However, a 220 volt supply is only available when the boat is connected to a land mains socket or the engine is running.
- Parking at the port is at your own risk. We therefore advise that you rent a secure parking space for the duration of your trip.
- There is no safe on board. Do not leave any cash or valuables unattended on your houseboat.
- Pets (which must be at least three months old) must have been vaccinated against rabies at least four weeks in advance but no more than one year beforehand to enter France.
- The boats are covered by fully comprehensive insurance. The excess is EUR 1200.– You have the option of obtaining voluntary additional insurance to cover your excess. You can conclude the contract in advance or locally.
- Note that the locks on the Marne-Rhine canal will remain closed on 1 May.
- Short stays (minimum 3 nights, arrival: Friday or Saturday) or additional days can be booked on request. For more information, call 00800 3030 8080
- Not suitable for wheelchair users and members with restricted mobility.
River guide, Logbook and captain’s manual
To ensure you are optimally prepared, we are sending you the river guide in advance. The captain’s manual will be available for you on board: Here, you will find the papers and all important information on operating the boat.
- Recommendation: occupancy from three persons, two persons possible if experienced
- The member must return the boat to the base at 9.00 on the day of departure
- Boat handover: Friday or Saturday between 14.00 and 16.00 The locks close at 18.00. If you would like to navigate a lock on the trial run, please arrive on site by 16.00.
- A boating licence is not required. You will be given an induction locally
- The local charges are invoiced from Steinhausen together with the booking
- Please note that the locks are closed on 1 May
- If your trip straddles multiple seasons, the price and points will be calculated pro rata